THE FUTURE OF FILM IS HEREMeet HYALINE, our new family of films enabling unprecedented innovation for the future of electronics.
BETTER BLOCKS MEAN BIGGER MARKETS
As electronics become increasingly similar, customers are looking for true differentiation. A better screen, longer battery life, or greener solution can tilt consumer preference. In this highly competitive environment, new films that deliver superior performance can make the difference between winning and losing market share.
Film polymer manufacturers have been developing the same set of molecular building blocks for decades, since the sheer cost and complexity of using new monomers has been a barrier. As a result, film innovations have slowed, requiring tradeoffs between properties and performance.
AVAILABLE TODAY FOR THE DEVICES OF TOMORROW
At Zymergen, we find in nature a wider and more complex set of building blocks that unlocks new polymer innovation. We use these to create Hyaline, our family of breakthrough film products with unmatched properties, built renewably.
Hyaline films deliver unique combinations of high transparency, high temperature resistance, and excellent mechanical properties that enable more design freedom. Perfect for touch screens, optical filters for camera lenses, wearable sensors, and more, Hyaline can provide superior mechanical properties enabling thinner screens and faster manufacturing times.
WHY THIS MATTERS
Better across the board
Providing a unique and uncompromising balance of properties—performance, renewability, and system cost.
Design today, breakthrough tomorrow
The first of our Hyaline films is available today. Request a sample and begin designing the electronics of tomorrow.
A giant leap in performance, thanks to biology.
Creating better, renewable films with solutions drawn from nature marks a giant leap forward for the industry.
The first in our family of films offering superb optical quality and temperature resistance in a thinner, flexible form factor.
- Mechanical robustness means thinner film for maximum design freedom. This enables full-screen touch sensors in flexible/foldable devices.
- Hyaline ZT-0200-X1 possesses an unrivaled combination of mechanical, physical, and optical properties.
- Hyaline ZT-0200-X1 enables higher ITO annealing temperatures in manufacturing. The result is increased capacity and better functioning systems.
- Thinner film creates design freedom.
- High temperature properties enable faster processing times in manufacturing.
- Completely transparent, high temperature printed electronics are now within reach.
- Hyaline ZT-0200-X1 makes printed electronics solderable using standard reflow soldering.
Flexible Printed Circuit Boards (PCB)
- Elimination of epoxy/acrylic adhesive layers creates an optimized system, with 30% thinner and more flexible PCBs.
Design innovative new products with Hyaline.
Request a sample or place an order.